Critical Perspectives on Communication, Cultural and Policy Studies
Between 2002 and 2008, the Institute of Culture, Discourse and Communication published ACCESS: Critical Perspectives on Communication, Cultural & Policy Studies. ACCESS is a refereed journal which advances critical perspectives on arts, cultural policy and practice, communications and the philosophy of education. It is now published by RMIT, Melbourne, under the editorship of Professor Elizabeth Grierson.
Professor Elizabeth M. Grierson, Professor of Art and Philosophy, Head of the School of Art, RMIT Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University, Melbourne, Australia. Adjunct Professor Auckland University of Technology, Auckland New Zealand.
Professor Michael A. Peters, Department of Educational Policy, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
Emeritus Professor James D. Marshall, School of Education, University of Auckland, New Zealand.
Editorial Advisory Board:
- Professor Allan Bell, AUT University
- Professor Tina Besley, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Professor Brian Findsen, University of Waikato
- Associate Professor Mark Jackson, AUT University
- Associate Professor Adam Jaworski, University of Cardiff
- Dr Janet Mansfield, Auckland
- Associate Professor A.-Chr. (Tina) Engels-Schwarzpaul, AUT University
- Professor Mark Olssen, University of Surrey
- Professor Fazal Rizvi, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Dr Richard Smith, National Institute of Education, Singapore
- Professor Annabelle Sreberny, University of London
- Professor Lynda Stone, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
ACCESS was founded in 1982 by James Marshall and Colin Lankshear. From 1982 to 2001 it was published by The University of Auckland under the title ACCESS: Critical Perspectives on Cultural & Policy Studies in Education.
From 2002 a new editor was appointed: Elizabeth Grierson from the Auckland University of Technology. ACCESS was then published by the Centre for Communication Research (now the Institute of Culture, Discourse & Communication) at AUT. The title of the publication changed to ACCESS: Critical Perspectives on Communication, Cultural & Policy Studies, an international Advisory Board was appointed, and two previous editors became Consulting Editors: James Marshall and Michael Peters.
- 1982-1988: James Marshall and Colin Lankshear, Department of Education, University of Auckland;
- 1989: Garry McCulloch, University of Auckland
- 1990: Garry McCulloch and Roger Dale, University of Auckland
- 1991: Roger Dale and Dianne Snow, University of Auckland
- 1992: Diane Snow, Linda Smith, and Eve Coxon with Editorial Board members from the Cultural and Policy Studies Group, University of Auckland
- 1995: Michael Peters, James Marshall, and Susan Robertson, from the Cultural and Policy Studies Group, with Guest Editors often appointed for Special Issues.
- 2002: Elizabeth Grierson of the Faculty of Arts, Auckland University of Technology, Michael Peters and James Marshall, Consulting Editors.
- 2005: Elizabeth Grierson is appointed Professor of Art and Philosophy at RMIT University, Melbourne, and Adjunct Professor at Auckland University of Technology. She retains her association with the Centre for Communication Research (now the Institute of Culture, Discourse & Communication) at AUT and continues as the Executive Editor of ACCESS.